Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, My parcel, Postnl, Bpost, DPD, UPS, DHL, Shopify payments & paywall
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, e-mailadres, order history.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Handling and shipping your order
- To handle and ship your order (logistics, payments, returns)
- Service requests
- To handle your questions and requests
- Sending newsletters and/or marketing-related materials
- To send you marketing-related e-mails regarding our services, products and other news about Hoop Kidswear.
- To send you e-mails containing personalized offers, based on your purchases and use of the website, or to you remind you that there are still products in your shopping basket on the Website.
- These messages are sent subject to your permission, or insofar as we have a justifiable interest in doing so.
- Personalizing your Website experience
- To learn to understand your preferences, in order to configure the Website accordingly.
- We personalize your Website experience provided you have given permission for this, or insofar as we have a justifiable interest in doing so.
With whom do we share your Personal Data?
Hoop Kidswear will not sell your information to third parties and will only provide them if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. We share your Personal Data with the following parties:
- Logistics providers, for delivery at the required address:
- Among others: BPost, PostNL, DHL, DPD, GLS, My Parcel and UPS
- Financial service providers, to process the payment of your order:
- Among others: Shopify Payments and PayPall
- Marketing service providers:
- Among others: Google and Facebook
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
How long do we retain your Personal Data?
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary or permitted in the light of the purposes for which it was collected or is used (see the section "How do we use your Personal Data?"), unless we are required by law or regulation to retain your Personal Data for a shorter or longer period of time. We determine the specific retention period based on the following criteria:
- Name, address and contact details (email address, in some cases phone number), as well as payment details that become known to us when you place an order are always kept for at least 7 years (the retention period for the tax authorities), or as long as you are a customer with us. This with the aim of providing you with better service, for example for you to be able to view your order history. You will be regarded a customer until you inform us that you no longer wish to make use of our services. If you inform this to us, we will also view this as a request to be forgotten.
- Information about activities on our website (such as internet browser, device type, location, etc.) can be stored for a longer period of time for statistical purposes. However, these data will be anonymous and can not be traced back to a natural person.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
Hoop Kidswear only uses technical and functional cookies, as well as analytical cookies that do not infringe your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. Their purpose is a smooth and pleasant user experience on our website, for example by remembering your preferences or to ensure that you do not have to log in every visit. We can also optimize our website using analytical cookies.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Edekestraat 115, 9800 Deinze, België
Last updated: April 2022